Did I mention that I had a lot of fun at Edisto? ;-)
It took us about four hours to drive there, about five minutes after we left Pastor Anderson informed us that we only had three hours and fifty-five minutes left to go. :-) After we got there we went to the staff house for dinner and then Second Pres. came for the worship service that night. Pastor Anderson went over the rules, stuff like no purple (blue=boy, girl=pink, can you figure it out from there?), don't tear each other down, stay to the buddy system, and always check with an adult before going anywhere. Then we sang, which was harder than you think because we were outside and light was fading fast, and Pastor Seth gave the first seminar. After the teaching a bunch of us went down to the beach, it was amazing. That first night on the beach was worth the trip, it was absolutely beautiful.
I was rooming with Mrs. Barry and Mrs. Negron, they got the beds and I got the air mattress (I really like air mattresses, they are squishy).
So you understand the rest of the week you need to know that I had the beginnings of a cold.
Monday- We had been told the night before that the morning seminars would be in different groups due to age, so there were three different groups going at the same time, then at night everyone would meet together. So that morning we went to breakfast, which I believe was bacon, sausage, and eggs, and then we went back to the houses or wherever for half an hour of personal Bible study. Then we walked to our seminars. I started out that first day with being late to my seminar, having made the mistake of thinking that we were to use the entire half an hour when we had to leave time for walking. At least I wasn't the only one to be late. That morning our (rising 11 through rising 12) seminar was taught by Pastor Dave. It was excellent as was all the teaching we received that week. I realize that I cannot give every detail of every day you will be reading this for hours, so I'll try to cut it down some. :-)
We went to lunch and I learned very quickly that Pastor Dave is really funny. He was dancing (pony dancing and what I assume was something like Elvis) to the music during lunch.
In the afternoons we went to the beach and hung out for four hours or so. We would swim, play death hack, and let the tide carry us down the beach. One day we made a swirl pool, which only lasted about 5 seconds. The tide was pretty strong some days, especially in certain areas. Trying to brace against the tide was fun, although it was hard not to move, that's how hard it was.
That night at dinner I had gone outside to eat and had sat in the middle of the rap around bench a little way from the people already out there. Pastor Anderson came out and sat down and then said he had an announcement to make. So everyone, including me, quieted down and looked at him. He told everyone that I was a leper and under discipline or something like that and no one was to talk to me. Needless to say and I had to move and go sit by them. That started a joke between me and one of the guys all week. Every time he saw me step away from the group he would tell me to stop being so exclusive and I would do the same thing to him. :-)
I think it might of been Tuesday when my voice really started to go out. It made things interesting, especially during the singing time. Mrs. Mac nicknamed me Squeaks. :-) Alexander got a kick out of listening to me try to sing.
Tuesday and Thursday were the church group days. In the morning instead of the regular seminar the churches would meet separately (Filbert met with us) and we talked about our personal Bible study. It was great to hear teens talking about stuff like that. And I do have to mention that the singing all week was amazing.
Anyway I suppose that's enough for now, I'll write more later.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment