Sorry I didn't post at all this weekend, but you'll understand why in a minute. :-) Friday- I did school earlier so that I wouldn't have to do any. In the morning we went out to the house and did some work. Later in the afternoon Mom and I did some shopping and hung out. She had worked seven days straight before that.
Saturday- Now this was an interesting day, but a fun one. :-) Grandpa had signed us up to go to a Braves game with a group from their church. We had to be at the church at 8:30. It started with me not being able to find my Indians t-shirt, but thankfully I at least had my Indians hat. I think I was the only person in the stadium with an Ohio State t-shirt and and Indians hat on. ;-) Oh, I forgot my glove too. Anyway, we got to the bus and the driver started making fun of my hat, talking about the time they beat us in the World Series. So we got there some time after 11 I think. The driver did a U-turn in the bus and took up the entire four lane highway....yeah. So we got there right after batting practice had finished (why we went early) and everybody had gone in...so we didn't get any autographs. The Braves were playing the Phillies. I saw Cliff Lee jogging around on the field but by the time I had run back to get a pen he had gone back into the club house (he had pitched the day before). To make a long story short...they lost 10-2. So we left the stadium and headed back to the bus. So we all get on the bus and the driver pulls out and we start home. About 5 minutes into the trip the guy in charge was asking what we thought they should do differently next year...as soon as he asked that the bus died. So the driver cranked it back up...about 1-2 minutes later it died again. This went on for a while and between that and the trafiic we weren't getting very far. We finally got to a place where we could pull over. So there we where, in the middle on downtown Atlanta, with no bus. We waited about an hour and a half (I think) then another bus came. We moved all our stuff from one bus to another and headed out again. About halfway back we were informed that we were meeting another bus that would take us back to the church. So we moved all our stuff again and headed back (again). We got back around 9:40 or so.
I took a nap this afternoon. :-) I miss going to Indians games, they were always fun. It sounds like they could be a decent team this year too (figures).
Well that was my weekend.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment