Watching the kids went, uh...relatively well. It was a bit chaotic at first. Well actually we sorta watched them twice. They did fine in the morning it was in the afternoon that things got a bit crazy. At this point it was just Emily and me with the four kids.
Luke was crying cause his mom left, no big deal right. She said he'd probably be fine within a couple minutes. So you know I thought okay give him a popsicle and he'll be fine. Uh, no. He didn't want a popsicle and he kept crying for like 10 to 15 minutes. You know how when some kids cry it sounds rather fake, well his did and I mistook some of it for just trying to get some attention. So we were all in the kitchen eating our popsicle while he laid sat on the floor crying in the living room. Well when he didn't stop I went in and brought him to sit on Anna's lap. Good thing I did cause that's about when he decided to throw-up. So I picked him up and carried him to the bathroom. This was when it was the most chaotic. The kids were freaking out, Luke was still crying, and Emily was asking me if I should call our uncle (which I already had in mind). So I'm trying to call my uncle in the midst of all the noise and what do you think happens? I get that stupid "that number is no longer in service". Great. So I try Grandpa's cell...no answer. Aunt Mel's...no answer. Uncle Joe, for like the fourth time...it finally rang and he picked up. About this time Luke's twin sister Livvy comes running up to me with different clothes on asking me to zip her up...Luke had thrown up on her as well as the floor and I had completely missed it. Anyway I find out what to do and Luke finally calms down. Then I had to go pick up the mess. So after I clean the floor Emily tells me that the bathroom walls need cleaned a little too. So I wait for Livvy to get out of the bathroom and when I finally get in there Livvy comes back trying to get back in. So I told her she was just in there and I needed to clean it. Well she starts crying and is all upset. I guess during all the excitement she messed herself. *Sigh*. Well anyway she got herself cleaned up (which wasn't hard), and I went back to check on Luke, who was happily watching Toy Story 3.
Well that was the exciting part of the day. Oh yeah I guess I forgot (haha) to mention that I forgot to give Great Grandma dinner. I was sitting there trying to get Livvy to try her green beans (which she said she didn't like without even trying, something she seems to do a lot with vegetables). Thankfully we had eaten early so when I finally got it to her it was only 20 minutes late.
Luke is so funny, he loves Woody, so he goes around quoting him. Randomly he just say "There's a snake in my boot". He also says something about "That's Mr. Dr. Evil Pork chop to you". And his laugh is hilarious. And when I was trying to get Livvy to eat her green beans ( hoping to get her to eat them I said no dessert if she didn't) he told her that "If she ate her green beans like him she would get dessert but if she didn't she wouldn't get dessert". :-) Well Livvy did eventually eat her green beans (although it took awhile and several people to convince her).
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment